Friday, February 1, 2008

new picture



Not really a new picture, because it´s ready since the end of November. Today I took a photo of it.
I made a new category. It´s called "Chinaesk" - a wordplay: China and grotesk (engl: grotesque).
When I was in China, I saw a lot of lotus flowers. The flowers were withered and I could see the seeds. I´ve got the impression of eyes, which followed me around. So that inspired me of the picture "September".
The sketch to that picture I´ve made in China and I´ve given it as a present to a chinese artist. Her name is Zuo Hong - she is such a kind woman. She was like a second mother to me ;-)

This picture can be found here, too:

click

2 comments:

Drachenfrau said...

I love this state of a Lotus. It's beautiful in its on way.
Great painting!

Dana said...

Thanks so much *hugs*
I should have brought some lotus back home. ;-)