Friday, February 22, 2008

Portraits and other stuff

I haven't done much the last days. Again I had a cold ... I take all colds I can get this year. Hmpf. And that happens every time I paint on my new chinaesk-picture. Maybe I should throw it away? Nah, I'll not do that, but I should begin another one.

It's my way to paint different pictures at the same time. It's good to have some distance between the layers, to have a look on it again to make modifications. When you sit right in front of a picture with your nose in the linen you have only a small space your looking at. So if I'm getting to bed I see the picture again and again and can decide if I like it or not. I'm a little bit of a perfectionist when it comes to painting, even I adore chaos in my studio ... and other rooms ... That's the reason I need so long for my pictures. It has to grow, I don't have a colour concept in the beginning. I put layer over layer and the colours change, getting luminous. Vandyckbrown over mauve it's not the same like mauve over vandyckbrown. You can change a colour so it shines in another way. Of course on a photograph you can't see the colour in a proper way. Only if you take a look at the original you can spot the fine nuances.

But what I really wanted to say: I have a new idea. A portrait of course ... I love it to paint faces. And I hope I can paint my pictures and I'm not getting sick again.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Your English is purfect buy the way:)

Dana said...

Hmmm, are you sure? ;-)

Oh, I'll answer the mail the next days ... next week. I haven't forgotten about it but I'm still a bit lazy at the moment :-)