Sunday, January 9, 2011

Long time no see


Die offensichtlichen Dinge des Lebens
(The obvious things of life)
30 x 30 cm
oil on stretched canvas (linen)
2011

In february my beloved dog died at age 13. I was so sad about it and couldn´t bring myself to much creativity. A long time I wasn´t sure to have a new dog, but in september a puppy came into my life. I couldn´t paint at this time, because he made so much nonsens ;-)
But now I´m back. It´s a small picture and it was nice to paint again. It´s another dream related theme. All nice pink. I don´t like pink that much, but ... uh ... it´s OK in this picture *ggg*

4 comments:

Drachenfrau said...

Wow, I love this pic!!! Not only the pink wallpaper, but the door bell nameplate!

Dana said...

:-) Yeah, I did remember these door bells from Cologne. Quite fascinating, all brass and beautiful. So I painted it all by heart. XD

Zia said...

As always the pink looks different on the black background...not sooo very pink *gg*
...and now I know the real reason, why you didn`t post that picture on Inari Kitsune: because you didn`t like pink and orange together. ;-DDD

Dana said...

You did look right through me *rolf* I even don´t like to imagine this combination of colours ... :-OOO Black was the right choice *ggg*
It was totally new for me to paint so much pink. I really had to bring myself to it. Gah.
XD