Sunday, April 20, 2008

new picture


Submerged
egg tempera and oil on canvas (linen)
100 x 70 cm

It´s from my reflection-series. It was not my intention to paint a new one in this series in the next weeks or months, because there are more important projects at the moment.
Of course it´s not that worse till I need more pictures there, too. In this reflection-series some kind of subseries has arised. Maybe I have an obsession with watermen? I`ve liked that kind of humanoid being since I was a child. And after a funny dream some months ago I had to paint something like that ... again and again.
And during working my hands and face were green. Normally I´m not that bad when I´m working. I don´t need work clothes, but this time, well, I wasn´t able to put the oil paint only on the picture.

The german word for submerged has some other meanings, too. Disappear for example.

No comments: