Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Night hike and twilight


Nachtwanderung ( night hike)
egg tempera & oil on stretched canvas (linen)
100 x 80 cm
2011

Wow,that picture really took it´s time. I wanted to finish it in August, but time flies and has it´s own rules, so September ends in some days and it took 2 months to paint this work of art.
As always I painted some of my dreams plus sections from fairytales and other ideas to create this one. In this picture you can read the words Colonialwaaren, Kaffee & Tee, Roentgen. It´s not that visible on the photo. I´ve seen it once at an old house, kind of bizarre, hm? It means general store, coffee & tea, x-ray.

**************************************



Zwielicht
Öl auf Leinen
18 x 16 cm
2011

That one I painted in July but. It shows a Pantodon buchholzi. Schmetterlingsfisch in German. Butterfly-fish? ... Whatever, because of the name it´s a hermaphrodite between butterfly and fish.

No comments: