Saturday, March 26, 2011

fleeting visit


Die Observatin II
The Observation II
egg tempera and oil on stretched canvas (linen)
14 x 12 cm
2011

That little one is a variation to my other observation picture I painted in 2007. It has only a short intermezzo in my studio, because even finished it goes away. It´s fidgety and fond of traveling, it seems.
I changed the theme a little bit, so it doesn´t perforate a playing card, but all in all it´s more fiery. Which is the nicer one of the two picture is still in the eye of the beholder.

*************************************************
The next picture I finished today:


Der Abyssus
The Abyss
oil on stretched canvas (linen)
30 x 30 cm
2011

Last year I took a photo of an iris and it reminded me so much of a mouth, that an idea formed in my mind. You never know, what´s behind such a big mouth. It inspired this picture - my own kind of flower picture. Normally I don´t paint flowers and landscapes - don´t know, I can´t seem to get warm with this part of painting, but in this form it´s OK for me.

No comments: