Monday, January 19, 2009

it´s been a while ...



Voodoo for beginners
oil on stretched canvas (linen)
20 x 20 cm

I was really busy the last months. The chinese painters visited Germany, and it´s typical for Chineses, to change the date every minute. ;-)
But a had a free ride to Cologne, so I could visit my best friend Drachenfrau. It was a nice time, lot of fun etc. pp.
But it was a stressful period and I hadn´t time to paint something, even all sketches were ready and a picture still in progress (it isn´t finished yet, because "Voodoo for beginners meandered it´s way to my fully attention).

But back to the picture. It´s part of a new series called "Entpuppt". Means something like "turning out to be". The word Puppe means pupa - but it´s the same word for doll, so it can be used this way, too. Like the end of the life of a doll. Yeah, there is my dislike for dolls again (some days ago I saw one hell of an ugly doll on etsy - uaaaaah). XD But I have to admit, I like my painted dolls much more than real dolls.

So I put "Dolly" and another one in this category. It suits them better than the portraits series, because the portraits are real persons - Dolly is not. And that new plan for painting dolls began with Dolly either, so I think it´s a good decision and it doesn´t look so empty.

I hope I have more time for painting the next weeks.

No comments: